Photoshop Article

Who were some of the celebrities who dislike photoshop? What are their reasons?

Some celebrities that don’t like photoshop are Kate Winslet and Brad Pitt. Kate Winslet dislikes photoshop because “GQ magazine” for digitally altering her body in its photographs and making her unrealistically thin. Brad Pitt dislikes it because he requested that there be no retouching on his “W magazine cover”, he personally picked, Chuck Close to shoot it, a photographer known for his extremely detailed portraits that expose skin flaws. While most people dream of magically removing their pounds and wrinkles, which he claims its makes photoshop is dangerous.

How does the American Medical Association (AMA) feel? Support your answer with evidence from the text.

The American Medical Association is against it. They stated “that alterations made through processes like Photoshop can contribute to unrealistic body image expectations, eating disorders and other emotional problems”.

How do you feel about photoshop? Give examples from your life to support your answer.

I agree with the AMA, Brad Pitt, and Kate Winslet. Photoshop can completely change someones look and body. I don’t look at magazines and say “I wish I look that”, but I’m speaking for girls now, because girls do what the opposite of what I do. When girls see pictures of “flawless” girls they are going to go crazy to look them, but little do they know its photoshop. I think people should use photoshop less so people don’t confidence when they can’t look them, they should show people without photoshop just to show what it could do.